Monday, January 21, 2013

31 Days of Nothing 2013, Week 3

There's just a little over a week left in the "31 Days of Nothing" Challenge!  Here's what I've been up to:

Credit
1.  Using my non-shopping free time, I was finally able to clean up my Craft Room from the disaster that was Christmas that swept through there two months ago!  
2.  My hubby finally had to buy gas for his car, but I'm still above the 1/4 mark!

3.  I also had to buy some meat and other essentials this week, but I am hoping to stretch them all to the end of the challenge.  I do not want to go to the grocery store until February!!!

4.  Still comparing my totals to Last Year's Challenge and I am still ahead by about $78.00.


Meal Plan Week 3*:
Tuesday: Banana Pancakes & Bacon
Wednesday: Matsoball Soup
Thursday: Spaghetti & Italian Sausage
Friday: Sandwiches & Macaroni 'n' Cheese
Sunday: Homemade Personal Pizzas
Monday: Flounder, Potato & Veggies

*With some variation, our other meals are typically:
Breakfast: Bagel Sandwich (husband), Egg on Toast/Crumpet (son), Cereal & Fruit (me)
Lunch: Leftovers (husband), PB&J/Can Fruit/Chips (son), Soup/Egg on Toast (me)

Purchased at the Grocery Store:
Milk
Eggs
Mozarella Cheese
Yogurt
Bread
Deli Ham
3lbs Ground Beef
Pizza Sauce
Cilantro
Apples
Bananas

Total Money Spent This Week:
Gas: $46.00
Grocery: $42.78
Total:  $88.78

Running Total for the Month: $177.41


OK, now it's your turn!  What have you been doing to keep up with the 31 Days of Nothing Challenge?  Leave your totals, strategies & thoughts below!

Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, The Frugal GirlsFunky Junk Interiors and these other Great Parties!

6 comments:

  1. I used your method to go about this month reasonably for us. We don't have a pantry or deep freeze, so we kept our grocery budget normal, and gave ourselves a $100 'grace' budget. It's been a good way to get back on track, especially when we are trying to save for our new baby that's coming in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent $479 this month :( But, that is $390 less than this month last year! The good news is I am done shopping for the month and do not need to fuel my car. I am going to continue this in February as well since I am on a new kick to reduce overall spending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this has been on of the most expensive January's ever for us. Seems a lot has been going on or breaking. I think I might try this for February and see if I can still to the budget for that month. Congrats on a job well done so far!! Good luck for the next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to try this February. I'm very big in no spending!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Global Corn Market: Prices to Decline 10% in 2022, the average annual maize price is forecast to drop by 10% y-o-y due to higher global production and lower demand from Asia, after growing by 57% y-o-y to $260 per tonne in 2021. Thanks to rising corn prices and high demand for feed grains in Canada, U.S. maize export sales reached $16.5B in January-October 2021, doubling compared to the same period a year earlier. Rising corn prices and high demand for feed grains in Canada stimulated export value growth from the U.S. Throughout January-October 2021. U.S. maize supplies reached 60M tonnes, expanding by 30% compared to the same period of the previous year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prices are Pay Someone To Complete Online Course to drop 10% in 2022, average annual corn prices are expected to drop 10% y/y due to higher global production and lower demand from Asia, after 57% increase over the same period last year. reaching $260/ton in 2021. Thanks to higher corn prices and strong feed grain demand in Canada, corn export sales from the United States totaled $16.5 billion January-October this year. 2021, double that of the same period last year. Rising corn prices and strong feed grain demand in Canada boosted U.S. export value growth through January-October 2021. U.S. corn supplies totaled 60 million tons , an increase of 30% over the same period last year.

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...