Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fake Martha Stewart Craft Furniture

OK, I'll admit it.  I LOVE Martha Stewart.  I'm not ashamed to say that I idolize her ability to cook, entertain, decorate and organize.  I think she has brought pride back into homemaking and I respect that immensely.

I adore her book, Organizing.
Amazon.com
HOWEVER, have you seen the prices on some of her Name Brand products?  Of course I love them all, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay some of those prices!  For instance, have you seen her new line of Craft Room Furniture?
Home Depot $239.00
Home Depot  $179.00
Holy Smokes, I'm in LOVE!  Plus, is just so happens that I now have a craft room of my very own that needs filling and organizing, but you know I've done it on the cheap, right?  Here's a peek:


For the worktop, I used two $24 Hollow Core Doors from Home Depot and covered them in Green Oilcloth Tablecloths.  This gives me a surface that's very easy to keep clean.


I then set them on top of 5 strategically placed $18.00 Bookcases from Walmart.



I added two more Bookcases on top to make "hutch-style" storage for my paints, glues, etc.


I also had this old wine bottle dryer that I set up there to keep my ribbons, strings & scissors within easy reach.


I organized my fat-quarters and scrap fabrics by color.


And... here is my Bloggy Space set up on the Potting Bench Desk  I face-lifted a while back!


The final result:


If only I could keep it this organized all the time!  Oh well, that's the creative process for ya!

The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Fake Martha Stewart Craft Furniture (2 Hollow Core Doors $48.00, 7 Walmart Shelves $126.00, Oilcloth $25,00)

Total Fake-It Cost:  $199.00

Compare to Real Martha Stewart Craft Furniture (2 Craft Tables $478.00, 2 Hutch Tops $358.00).  Plus, I have WAY more storage underneath my Craft Table!

Total Fake-It Savings:  $637.00

Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, The Frugal GirlsFunky Junk Interiors and these other Great Parties! 

8 comments:

  1. love this!!! I'm saving it for my future craft room. :) Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. I personally like that "chest" under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, hw are u ?
    Looking for teak or mahogany product ? please : mebel minimalis

    thanks
    regard
    mebel jati

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I'm fortunate enough to have a craftroom but it definitely needs an organizing makeover. LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trick to a beautiful paint job is to so multiple thin layers. Don't use a high-quality, thick latex paint. demir leather

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...