Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fast Fried Ice Cream Topping

There are two things on the dessert menu that I will order every single time - Creme Brulee and Fried Ice Cream.  Both have similar elements to them, actually.  Both have creamy vanilla custard, caramel flavor and lots of crunchy texture.

I've been Pinning quite a few recipes for Fried Ice Cream recently:

This one from My Little Blogspot is absolutely authentic:

Credit & Recipe
  Then there's this delicious sounding "Un-Fried Ice Cream" from The Recipe Addiction:

Credit & Recipe
Finally, you can't go wrong with this detailed tutorial for Deep Fried Ice Cream featured on The V-Spot:

Credit & Recipe
See, but the problem is that I'm way too lazy to go through that trouble.  I'm looking for instant satisfaction when I get that Vanilla, Cinnamon, Caramel, Crunch craving!  That's when I came up this simple idea to make Fried Ice Cream Topping!

Here's what you need:
3 Cups Corn Chex
3 Tablespoons Cinnamon Sugar
Vanilla Ice Cream


First, measure out the Chex and Cinnamon Sugar and put it in a large ziplock bag. With a rolling pin (or the heel of your hand), crush the cereal.  Give it a good shake to make sure the Cinnamon Sugar is well mixed.


You can then pour it into a jar to use at your whim!  Wouldn't this also make a great hostess gift with a coordinating ice cream scoop?


I have to warn you...this is Extremely Addicting!  My husband and I went through a whole container of  ice cream in 3 days because this topping is just so darn good!


You can also serve it up with a drizzle of Caramel Sundae Topping to really make it taste authentic.

Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Fake & Fast Fried Ice Cream Topping ($0.67 Cereal, $0.05 Cinnamon Sugar, $1.00 Ice Cream) Yields 6 Servings.

Total Fake-It Cost:  $1.71

Compare to Fried Ice Cream at a Restaurant:  $6.00 Average, 2 Servings

Total Fake-It Savings:  $16.29 + Pig Out Convenience!


Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog and these other Great Parties!   

12 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I LOvE Your Blog!! That topping and ice cream scoop is SUCH a GREAT idea!! A gift that is unique and delicious. My kids are freaks for ice cream so I am going to make this for our dinner celebrating going Back-to School and really surprise them with this treat.
    I have been looking at some of your posts and LOVE IT! I am also following you on twitter so I can get your updates.
    Following you from the Hop at About a Mom this morning.
    Jenny at dapperhouse
    http://www.jennyatdapperhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks tempting!
    Thank you for linking it up to Made it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I can't wait to check out your blog more. I am a new follower from the Wild Wednesday Blog hop.

    http://mompointofview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - I bet it's the salt in the chex that makes it so good!
    Blessings!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/oKbcqq

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks yummy! Now I'm off to read about your fake ben and jerry's! thank you so very much for taking the time to link up to my party! It was my first one and I'm just honored that people actually joined up. I'd be just tickled pink to see you join up again today! Have a lovely day, Maria http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! Please follow me back at:

    www.romanianprincess.com

    XoXo Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog. I love the Heather Inn project (especially the lamp!). And this looks soooo good! :)

    I'm a follower from Struggles of a (Maybe) Teen Author. Visit my blog at www.maybeteenauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that ice cream looks so nice. I bet that taste delicious too. Perfect, my search is over. I’m looking for new toppings to prepare weekend because we’re having ice cream party. I’m glad to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made a topping similar to this using the Cinnamon Chex and topping with honey. I also had the same problem with it being so addictive I finished the ice cream in just a couple of days.....YUMMmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make this topping using Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Very Good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make this topping using Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Very Good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You smart girls. These are interesting blogs. How does one go about this blogging thing. I too have so much to share on food etc. Am a bit of a foodie!
    Am 73 and rtd.
    Could any one help?

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...