Friday, June 24, 2011

Only 6 More Months Till Christmas!

As part of Mama's Summer Adventure Camp this year, we've been going to a local farm and picking in-season berries.  So far we've done Strawberries & Blueberries - next week will be Black Raspberries (yummy)!  My son has absolutely loves picking berries, though I admit that more have gone in his mouth than in the basket!

With our "harvest," we've gone home and made jam.


Seems like it may be a bit too much for a family of three to consume, don't ya think?


What you're witnessing here is Christmas Preparation in June!  This year's Christmas gifts to our friends and neighbors will be Two Jars of Homemade Summertime Jam and a Fresh Baked Amish Bread (recipe coming soon) served up in Gift Baskets that I've been collecting at yard sales this summer.  Who wouldn't want a "Taste Of Summer" during the winter months?

This will save me time and money when the Holidays roll around!

Isn't Frugality 90% planning ahead?  

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I did that a few years ago. Everyone in my office got a box with homemade goodies. :0) And last year, at our Sunday School Class Party, I made a loaf of homemade bread for my husband's gift and I made a set of handmade Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...