There are two things that I have added to my housekeeping toolbelt, however, that are not able to be faked, but have become absolutely necessary. These two things may even replace all of the other cleaners altogether!
** Before you read on, please note that I have NOT been paid in any way to endorse these products, I just want to share with you all what I've discovered and what is working for me!**
The FlyLady's "Purple Rags In A Bag"
Barkeeper's Friend Powder Cleanser
The FlyLady Rags are made of a very special microfiber cut into a generous size that makes wiping, shining, dusting & polishing just about anything a cinch!
Bar Keeper's Friend is a powder cleanser (also available in liquid form) which is a miracle cleaner (in my opinion) on so many surfaces that usually require special/toxic chemicals.
Here is a short list of what I use these two products for in my daily/weekly cleaning:
1. Replaces Paper Towels for wiping down ANY surface without a single streak or mark.
2. Replaces Windex for removing fingerprints/leaving a high shine on your appliances & countertops.
3. Replaces Pledge for general dusting and also getting the grime off of your wooden dining table.
4. Replaces Swiffer for dry or wet dusting on any kind of flooring.
5. Replaces Leather Wipes for cleaning leather furniture/car interior.
6. Replaces Bathroom Cleaners for shining up your sinks, showers & toilets.
7. Replaces Special Computer Screen Wipes for leaving your touch screens absolutely free of fingerprints.
Bar Keeper's Friend:
1. Replaces Ceramic Cooktop Polish and requires very little (if any) scrubbing to remove baked on greasy spots.
2. Replaces Toilet Bowl Cleaner to remove rust, hard water & other toilet stains.
3. Replaces Bathroom Cleaners to shine faucets, remove hard water spots on tile, sinks & showers.
4. Replaces Stainless Steel Polish to bring a high shine to your appliances and your kitchen sink. (Seriously, I use this on my sink once a week and it looks BRAND NEW every time!)
5. Replaces Special Dishwasher Cleaner (not for your dishes) - just throw a little in the bottom of your dishwasher and be amazed at how it sparkles with no effort!
6. Replaces CLR for removing any kind of rust stain (even on concrete), lime or calcium buildup.
7. Replaces Metal Polish for shining silver, copper & other metals.
If you visit the review pages (Rags) (Friend) for these products, you'll get many more ideas as to what they can be used to clean.
The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:
FlyLady Rags ($10.49 for 3 Reusable/Washable Rags) I purchased three sets and that gives me plenty to use before I run out and reach for the paper towels.
Bar Keeper's Friend ($5.00 for a 12 oz can that will last you for months - a little sprinkle of the power goes a long way!)
Total Cost: $36.47
Depending on your usage of Paper Towels, Cleaners & Specialty Cleaners, your annual savings would likely be in the $100-300 range! Maybe even more!!!
I'm curious if you've used either of these products and what you use them to clean! Leave a comment below and let's make a BIG List of all of their uses!