Thursday, December 29, 2011

Free Rustic Signage: The Salty Dog

This home decor idea is inspired by My Heather Inn.  If you haven't read about my plan for the "Ultimate Fake-Cation,"  please check it out!


Don't you just love the look of rustic signs at the beach?  Some beautifully weathered, some welcoming, some fill you with excitement for the delicious meal you're about to have!


Credit


The lobster House, Cape May, NJ
Credit
Credit
A few weeks back, while visiting Chesapeake Beach, MD, I discovered that the beach can be a source of Unlimited Free Crafting Supplies!  Driftwood isn't always from trees...there's also ratty and worn pieces of siding and doors - pieces of wood that are already well distressed and ready for transformation!

Here's the first of many fun signs that I hope to make to create a cool vignette on my wall:


It's "The Salty Dog" with a silhouette of my Scottish Terrier as Mr. Salty himself!


I threw in a crab to make it authentic Chesapeake Bay!


Total Fake-It Cost:  FREE

Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, The Frugal GirlsFunky Junk Interiors and these other Great Parties!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like it. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading through a post that can make people think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!
    메이저사이트
    온라인경마

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...