Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home Hair Cutting

I've been thinking for a long time about getting a pair of clippers and cutting my Husband's and Son's hair.  It's kind of a Bravery Test - for both them and me!

When I saw Frugal Fun For Boys' post on Home Haircuts, I took the plunge and gave it a try.  It is actually pretty easy, but with Sarah Dees' step-by-step instructions (and video) you can't mess it up!

Here's my little guy's head BEFORE:




...and here he is AFTER:


Not too shabby and it took less than 10 minutes!  Looks like we have a new monthly "family tradition!"

Isn't he sweet?

Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

DIY Men's & Boy's Haircuts:  $22.00 Initial Investment of Wahl Clippers

Total Fake-It Cost:  $22.00

Monthly Men's & Boy's Haircuts: $40.00 (incl. tip)

Total Fake-It Savings:  $458.00/Year -- AMAZING!!!

8 comments:

  1. Yep - I do my husband's, too - I always like to say, "Look at the $$ we are saving on your haircuts.....so I can spend a bit more on mine!" Ha ha - not really! I found a great stylist who only charges me $15 wash/cut, so I tip her $10 on top of that. $25 is still HALF of what I used to pay for a haircut, and that was without the tip! While the husband doesn't cut my hair, he does highlight it and does a pretty darn good job! So love your new monthly tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. I tried to cut Drew's hair once.. it was not too bad.. then the 2nd time.. oh... woe is me.. oh my word.. it was terrible!!!
    AND THERE ARE PICTURES BECAUSE HE HAD TO GO TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY THE NEXT DAY...!!! Never again. I take him to a place called Cool Cuts specialized for his age.. they sit in seats shaped like cars and watch DVDs while they get their hair cut.. it's awesome.. worth the $$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! My husband does his own and I do our son's. It does save money but it's a trade-off as I am not as meticulous as a professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My three boys got one professional haircut per year, and then I kept it neat (using scissors, not clippers) for the rest of the year. My husband had his hair cut professionally, but I kept it trimmed in between, so the style lasted longer. We still managed to save a lot of money. You are very correct in it being a bravery test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. That's great. I never see any tips for cutting little boys hair...course I don't look for any cause I only have girls. But still I've impressed. Good job. I just started a new link party on my blog today and I'd be honored if you'd join up with this. http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-time-21-and-link-up.html
    have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, for choosing Wahl clippers made right here in the USA. My husband just took a new job and gets his hair cut at work now! An unknown work perk that will save us hundreds. He took a job at Wahl. :)

    ReplyDelete


  7. Please keep sharing more and more information about this.This is a good information of the fashion licensing articles and really like your site.
    Fast track hairdressing courses & Fast Track Vtct Accredited Hair

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...