Yes, it's a scooter! My husband just loves taking it on the back roads to the train station in the mornings and evenings - makes him feel like a kid again!
1. No special license required (check your state's requirements)
2. Parking is FREE at the train station
3. Gets 100 miles to the gallon of gas
4. No special insurance required (check your state's requirements)
5. It's totally fun!
1. Weather is a factor, when it's inclimate he takes the bus
2. Have to be a little extra careful on the road
3. Can't go faster than 35 MPH, so roads are restricted
We have come up with a creative (and fun) solution to our one-car problem. "Scoot" on over to see how much we're saving!
The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:
Scooter (Brand New Vehicle & Safety Equipment $3,500, Gas $100/year, Insurance $0, Train Parking $0)
Total Fake-It Cost: $3,600
Second Car (Used $10,000, Gas $1,500/year, Insurance $600/year, Train Parking $2,015/year)
Total Fake-It Savings: $10,515.00*
*This price doesn't include year-over-year savings on parking & gas which comes to over $20,000 in just 5 years!!! Neither does it include regular car maintenance vs. scooter maintenance which is very minimal.